Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blog 7 - Roger Dodger

"kill the beast, spill his blood, cut his throat" i think infuriating as i hunt the pig with Ralph, Jack, and Simon. I think mainly about whats happening between Jack and Ralph secretly. Jack wants to be leader. I feel more wild then ever before, being able to face paint camouflage and eat meat. Being a hunter is more fun then anything I'm ever going to do. I like being a hunter because i can do what ever i want, no rules, all freedom. I covert my feelings about wanting to kill the beast myself, however Jack wants to do it. Jack and Ralph cant compromise, they're always uncompromising and arguing.

As we start climbing up the mountain I notice Ralph, i can imagine him sniveling once Jack wants to overthrow him. If Jack ever made his own group we would have infinite fun hunting pigs. That Pig boy, Piggy i would love to roast him like the pig he is! He thinks he's so sagely but i doubt that. Whenever i think of Ralph i taste something blunder in my mouth, like i need to throw up. He's a wimp and he will never make a good leader.

I think that Jack should be leader. With him we could do all the fun stuff, no restrictions. Everyone hunters hunt pigs, eat their meat. Yeah that would be the dream, hunter for life and one day, one day when its all boring. We get rescued that would be amazing after we are tired of this island we can leave one day. What a dream, one day, one day.

2 comments:

kkaufman said...

DJ starting out with the words of the chant is a powerful opening. You successfully combined the wild savage side of Roger with the softer side where he's dreaming about hunting and then being rescued "one day."
Kira

Sky said...

DJ-

I could really see by Roger's thoughts that he really liked how Jack would run the Island if he was chief. You really expressed that nicely. I also really liked how Roger had dreams of going home. In the book they don't talk about it so it was cool how you told the reader about that feeling. But one thing that you should reread is the tense of the vocabulary words like..."He thinks he's so sagely but i doubt that." Good job.
-sky